Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yeah, I Stole This from My Cousin's Blog

I love Flannel. Every time it goes out of style, I wait with bated breath for it to make its triumphant return. I don't know what it is, I just think it has the potential to look good on everyone. Maybe I have a thing for lumberjack swagg?

In any case, here are a few of my faves from Karmaloop.com. Though I'm more partial to the two on the right, the one on the left is for those of you who aren't afraid of a little color.

If you're afraid of full-on flannel, you can always cop an accessory or two. A flannel scarf over a solid shirt is always a winner, gloves are nice too. But don't over do it. Contrasting patterns is hot, looking like a walking crossword puzzle is not.

Also, despite the fact that I found these shirts at Karmaloop, please believe I'll be taking my ass to Target to find the look for less. The shirts pictured here run for about $75-$100. I've been able to grab a couple that are just as fly for less than 30 bucks at Target. If you're really feeling yourself, you can always go to Macy's, where I saw a couple of nice Rocawear and Sean Jean shirts running for about $80, but again, that's not really necessary.

Don't be scared to embrace your inner-flannel, it's a classic look that you won't regret while sifting through pictures of yourself 20 years from now.

By the way, Karmaloop.com is a nice place to visit if you're looking for something a little different to add to your wardrobe. But be careful not to just shop for what's trendy...that shit won't be in style next year, and you'll have a closet full of $100 clothes that you won't know what to do with. Ask my Aviator Jacket and skull & bones all-over hoodie.

Also, check-out my cousin's blog, because I definitely jacked this fashion trend post idea from her.

No comments: