Thursday, February 19, 2009

Because People Keep Asking Me


  • Approximately one in five high school girls has been physically or sexually abused by a dating partner.
  • Dating violence among their peers is reported by 54% of high school students.
  • Nearly 80% of girls who have been victims of physical abuse in their dating relationships continue to date the abuser.
*taken from chooserespect.org

I really don't recognize any real entertainment value to the reality of domestic abuse in our country, and really across the world. That's why I haven't commented on the Chris Brown/Rihanna situation. There are things in this world that surpass celebrity and fame, and when the seriousness of an ass whoppin becomes as casual as a Facebook status update, I find myself a bit worried about the consciousness of our generation.

I won't talk about what really matters in this situation, but I'd encourage you all to think about it.

That being said, Rihanna better hop her ass on Oprah and capitalize on this shit; cause that haircut is about to expire.

No comments: